MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I live in Florida and there was some vandalizing at my home.

Customer Question

I live in Florida and there was some vandalizing at my home. The cops said they had surveillance footage. If they do how long does it take them to review it to see who it was
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 10 months ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

It is very unfortunate that this has happened to you.

Typically, it takes the police a couple of weeks to review the footage. That does not mean they will be able to determine the identity of the persons in the video though. Many other factors play into that such as a previous criminal record, clear view of the face, etc.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Why does it take so long

Well, I know you probably don't want to hear this, but a vandalism case (depending on what part of Florida you are in) probably isn't very high on the police department's priority list when compared to the other crimes they also have to deal with.

You will need to stay on top of them so it doesn't fall on the back-burner.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm in St pete

Yes. It should take a couple (2) weeks just about then.

Please don't forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
They said they got the video from another condo. Wouldn't they watch it right away

They would watch it relatively quickly, but they would also need to investigate to see if they could match the identity of the person(s) in the video to anyone in their database.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
They still haven't caught the person who vandalized. It's almost been enough time I would think. Is it because they don't have anything to go on or what