LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

If an employer receives an order quashing the writ of

Customer Question

If an employer receives an order quashing the writ of garnishment, does this mean that the collection is dropped or will they keep trying this with other banks.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

An employer receiving a court order quashing a garnishment order simply means that the prior garnishment need not be followed by the employer. It does not mean that the creditor will not seek funds through another venue such as a bank, or that a future garnishment order cannot be issued to the same employer.

Only the wage garnishment is now off the table.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug