Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a partnership and I wan to dissolve the business, my

Customer Question

I have a partnership and I wan to dissolve the business, my partner is not supporting the business financially and the business is not making enough money to pay itself, we had a serious argument where he was violent and disrespectful and my wife and I don't want to deal with this anymore, in numerous opportunities we asked him (brother in-law) that if he wants to keep the business to pay us and buy-us out but He said that he does not have money, also now he said that if we want to close we have to pay him 3 years of salary, what is the best approach in this case?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Can you tell me, do you have a written partnership agreement? Signed by him?

If so, what does it say about dissolving the partnership?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have any partnership agreement, we are family owned business my phone number is(###) ###-####
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thanks
I sent an offer for a phone call. There is an additional charge for that. It is $5. IF you see an offer for $52, you can ignore that and let me know and I will send the $5 offer again (they automatically send a $52 request for a phone call...but let me make my own offer...I would rather talk than type so I make the amount as low as they will allow)