Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

What would be a reasonable trustee fee $800,000 decedents

Customer Question

What would be a reasonable trustee fee for a $800,000 decedents trust with fourteen widely disbursed heirs where the trust document states that trustee should pay himself a reasonable fee for actual time spent in administration under unusual circumstances or hardship. Trustee is a retired, former accountant and investor and one of the 14 beneficiaries. The trust included a home, stocks & bonds. The house sale has delayed settlement to date. Certain of the beneficiaries have been less than cooperative making the job unusual and a hardship. I am thinking 3%.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I'm assuming that the trust is silent as to what the settlor of the trust is supposed to get paid?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please reply here.
However, my concern that this is a scam seems to be true. I agreed to pay for this answer and nothing else. I am not signing for a months free trial. Do not enroll me into anything. You leave me no way to decline your offer for a free trial.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I decline your offer for any sort of free trial. I would like an answer to the question asked and nothing else. I decline your offer for a free trail and will not pay $36 after 7 days nor will I pay anything else.

Sir, please understand I am a live person that you are speaking to. This is not a scam.

I need more information from you to be able to answer your question accurately.

The prompts you are receiving are automatic prompts from the website, not from me.

So, does the trust itself state how much is to be paid to the settlor?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The screen is telling me that I may cancel at any time. How can I do that

If you want to cancel, I will stop responding and you can call customer support for a refund.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There is no number listed for customer service nor anything nor any way to say I reject this offer.