Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

My boss and my childs skills trainer is asking me to do yoga

Customer Question

Customer: my boss and my childs skills trainer is asking me to do yoga breathing exercises before work, after work and at home with my son (coloring) i work at the same school. I have anxiety and they know that. They are saying that my anxiety is affected my son, which I feel it's not. I have it controlled and have a DR. My boss also told my co-worker to do these exercises with me or help watch my son in the morning so I can do the breathing. I feel my boss is violating the HEPA law. Am i correct?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My son was having behavioral issues and to make a long story short we agreed to get a skills trainer twice a week and that I can only afford 800 for the rest of the school year to help pay for one. My boss then hired one without notifying me 5 days a week. I keep asking her how much and she said shes still working on it. This is what is triggering my anxiety not my son. Then we had a meeting Friday and she brought up this whole breathing thing! She said that the meeting was mostly for me. I feel I'm fine! and they are telling me to fill out the chart she provided to shoe that I'm doing them and told my co-worker to make sure I do them.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

I understand and hope things work out. Generally hipaa governs medical providers not employers. However he should still respect your privacy. If this is causing you anxiety you may have a claim for a hostile work environment although they will likely argue that they are trying to help you.

Thanks for signing up for our service. If you still need assistance, I'm here to help. If not, could you kindly "accept" the answer and rate it so that I can be credited and can close it out?