Expert_James
Expert_James,
23431962

I have to repeat my initial question as I 't know how to cut

Customer Question

I have to repeat my initial question as I don't know how to cut and paste. I have to copy the address you included in your answer to me
Expert:  Expert_James replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand. Can you rephrase what you are asking?

Hello again, thank you for requesting my assistance. My apologies for the delay. I was away from the system when you posted your question last night. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused you.

Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you!

ANSWER: Yes, you can be enrolled in TSA PreCheck, even if you have implants. But that does not guarantee that your process through security will be smooth.

When you go through PreCheck screening, you go through a metal detector. Usually, an implant will set this detector off. The result is that you have to go through a pat down and additional carry-on screening, which is the protocol when you set off the alarms.

Now, you can tell the agents prior to screening that you have metal implants, but that will not necessarily help you get through the process any faster - it would only serve to let them know that you will likely set off the alarm, and to prepare them for the fact that a pat-down will be necessary.

Obviously this is very inconvenient - I understand. Unfortunately, it is a reality of the current air travel security situation.

I know this can be confusing. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. This is very important. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.