Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

The Board of Directors of our 52 unit Coop passed a motion

Customer Question

The Board of Directors of our 52 unit Coop passed a motion to prohibit pets in our building. Owners presently owning pets will be allowed to keep them for the life of the pet but when the pet dies can not replace it with another pet. The minutes of the the Oct. 22 meeting were posted where residents are able to read them. The minutes had not been approved. An agenda meeting is coming up this week where residents can voice opinions etc., the Board will meet the last Thursday of the month. My question is "is that vote binding and if so what does the board need to do to rescind it?
Background on the problem. We have allowed dogs and cats with certain stipulations such as pets are to be on a leash and pets are not to be in the community room.These rules have been violated. Individuals have mentioned to owners that rules are not being followed and in one instance was told they did not intend to follow the rules and in another instance told breaking the rules was not a problem for them. Although regulations have been issued in writing nothing has been done to enforce the rules.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Do I understand it correctly that the Motion did not pass due to the lack of votes for it?