Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

Did the question I typed to you get to you

Customer Question

did the question I typed to you get to you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Would you like to discuss this via this thread or would you prefer a phone conversation? Either is fine with me, but I wanted to make sure since it seems you requested a phone call. Just let me know! Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no I have paid the 36.00 and have not been told anything
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for following up. If the home is in your individual names, there is no reason to appoint a trustee to over-see the house. Rather, the individual owners can control what happens to the house. If you don't want to continue this co-ownership and the adult children won't purchase your interest in the house or agree to sell the property, you can actually force the sale of the house by filing a suit for partition. The result of that suit will be one of the following: i) if the property can be equitably subdivided, the court will order the property divided into smaller parcels with each owner then owning 100% of their own smaller tract with full control over that tract; or ii) if the property cannot be equitably subdivided, the court will order the property sold and the proceeds divided. Since a house cannot be divided, the court will order the house sold. The reality is that in most cases, once the owner fighting the sale finds out the certainty of the result of a suit for partition, that owner typically agrees to the sale without the suit to avoid the costs of the suit.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!