Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

In February 2013 my husband gave s business partner

Customer Question

In February 2013 my husband gave his business partner $23,000.00 to purchase a 5th wheel trailer so that his wife wouldn't take the children and leave him. She was tired of living alone and handling the children. Both husband and wife signed a contract with us to pay us for the 5th wheel. As of this date we have yet to see any money. To complicate matters even more, the business partner took out a loan against the trailer and did not make any payments on his loan. He has had to hide the trailer so that it will not be repossed. What recourse, if any, do we have? My husband tells me that after he dies I can file charges against his business partner for breach of contract and then I can reclaim the trailer. But I doubt that I will ever see it. Frankly, I do not want to wait that long.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Does your husband's business partner has any assets that can be used to satisfy the loan, if a lawsuit is filed against the partner and a court judgment is obtained?