Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My aunt (72 years old), survived her husband by one year.

Customer Question

My aunt (72 years old), survived her husband by one year. They never had children. She resided in Las Vegas Nevada. I was her durable and healthcare POA and Gurdian. She was like a mother to me. In 1998 she and my uncle had a trust written, since then there were 7 amendments, the attorney that prepared amendments 3-7 did not ever have amendment 1 & 2. While taking care of my aunt and having to place her on life support, and being with her to the end, was difficult. Now, we are having a problem because in August 2015 we went to the trust attorney in August 2015, and the 7th amendment slaying out Charles Schwab as trustee Nd JP Morgan as successor trustee. The trust attorney did not affirm the correct "legal language" for either company to take position. We have declination letters. Does this mean that all amendments fall off and the original trust written would be what we go with legally? We have two funerals to pay for, 3 Dalmatians to get out oh Doggy Daycare and home to Illinois. Time is of the essence. Thank you
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes and ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are you saying that it is just the 7th Amendment that is defective?

.

Who was the trustee prior to the 7th Amendment?

.

.

thanks