Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was denied a hardship loan because they have stricter

Customer Question

I was denied a hardship loan because they have stricter guideline the IRS-165. Is there any way to appeal?
Expert:  LegalPro54 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. When you say hardship loan what are you referring to exactly? Are you saying that you asked your employer for an advance and they said no? Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My hardship is that I had a sudden flood by appliance, the cost is 18.000$. My deductiable is $4000.00. I am asking for hardship from my 401k. AHRP states they only cover repairs cost by floods, hurricanes, tornadoes etc. The IRS state that any unseen burden for repairs.
Expert:  LegalPro54 replied 1 year ago.

I see. I didn't realize that this was a 401k question. I will opt out to allow someone familiar with 401k law to assist you. No need to respond to this message. Someone else should be with you shortly. Good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am only asking for 4000 to cover my deductible. I researched on the IRS.gov page.