MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I'm ***** *****, how do you withdraw a Request that was

Customer Question

Customer: Hi i'm ***** *****, how do you withdraw a Request for Dismissal that was erroneously filed in a family law case?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had filed a motion for new trial after a ruling by a judge in a divorce case. I wanted to withdraw the motion and was told to file a Request for Dismissal but now discover that was the totally wrong document to use. I don't know how to withdraw the Request.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

You can file a Motion to Withdraw the Request for Dismissal. Get the other side to agree and enter into an agreed order withdrawing the Request.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is confusing. Would I file a Motion to Withdraw the Request for Dismissal or enter an order withdrawing the request? Is there a mandatory form that is required for the motion or the order? Does this apply in Alameda County courts?

You have to do both. You have to move the court to do it & then enter into the order granting the motion.