LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

San
, I applied new position in my department when I

Customer Question

Customer: hi san
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I applied for a new position in my department when I was on leave . I got the position . When I return to work I realized that I do not want the position but want to go to another department . My manger dont want to approve it . But I have not signed the offer ltr yet can I still refuse the offer ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes, you can refuse to sign the offer letter. However, that will not prevent you from being transferred if your employer wants you transferred to another department.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.

Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but my salary cap did change . So if I do not sign the letter can I still accept the offer from another department ?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Yes, but once again, your employer has the ultimate decision as to whether you may transfer to another department.

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not transferring . I want to apply for another job in another department . and I verbally accepted a new position in my current department . My question is can I accept the other position in the other department ?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you may.