How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 113486
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im ***** ***** i need advice re bank f america
, i just

Customer Question

Customer: hi im ***** ***** i need advice re bank f america
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i just tried to apply for a home loan with my credit union DCU in mass. I was told while my credit score did not reflect this, therewqas an interbank system(?) that when checked showed i owe BOA abd it is unresolved so my loan application would not be accepted till i had a letter from BOA stating i had resolved the issue with them. I had 2 accounts 2011-2013 and they were closed by BOA in 2-13. They apparently have since reopened them and are reporting me as a delinquent on these. 1 account is $110 for an error re overdrafts i refused to pay. another is for $3800 on a joint account my exhusband ran up while we were in process of divorcing. 1 can they reopen these accounts without my signature 2 what are my options or am i forced to pay them
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long is my wait?\
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It is not they are "reopening" the accounts in the sense you think, they are open in the fact that they are claiming there is a balance due. So you have to settle these debts to have they them removed from your credit report as satisfied. The debts will remain on the credit report as long as they are validly reported. So if you prove the $110 debt is not a valid debt, then that would be removed. The debt from your ex, that is something you need to resolve in the divorce matter or sue your ex for payment if it is a debt he owes. However, if they are actual debts that they can prove you owe, they have to be paid for your report to be corrected.

Related Legal Questions