LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I got 2 tickets- 1-careless driving, 2-tire equipment, there

Customer Question

Hi, I got 2 tickets- 1-careless driving , 2-tire equipment, there was sharp turn ,rain and wet road. Left and right sides on that road-Golf Club -private property . Roads pavement on that particular turn -not leveled and goes down to the ditch where ended up my car -rolled over-4 wheels up . There was nothing to stop my sliding car. I got no scratches . No alcohol or anything else like that .
No witnesses . No speeding . Got two tickets ???
Please , let me know why
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. What you were cited under is common and as a result of there being an accident and what the Officer observed, when they appeared. However, you could have a basis to fight this and prevail at trial. I say this because in regard to the careless driving charge, you shared that there were no witnesses. There was an accident and the Officer arrived after the fact, so they have no way of knowing what happened. Without any evidence to support the charge, the State would have a hard time proving careless driving, at trial. Now, as far as the tire equipment citation, if that was a result of the officers observation of your tires, that could be hard to beat, if they were in violation but that also must be shown at trial.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!