Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My friend owns an Arabian mare 24 years old with front hoof

Customer Question

My friend owns an Arabian mare 24 years old with front hoof issues. The place (in Brooklyn, NY) she had been boarding her mare at is very indifferent to her, they contracted with a farrier who rocked her front hooves up. Ever since, my friend has been using her own farrier to correct the thousands of dollars this contracted farrier did. Over the pass few days, someone when in the mare's stall and torn up a new pair of $100 special boots my friend had brought the mare. This someone also tightened the bandage on her front legs so that the leg bleed a lot. What can she do?
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Does your friend's contact with the boarding place give them any authority to use their own farrier? Or to make their own decisions regarding the horse's health and well-being?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have tp with my frienf
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. That's fine. She's going to have a claim against someone, but knowing what the agreement with the boarding facility is will help me determine whether her cause of action is against them, the farrier, or both. Just let me know.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I saw your follow-up response, but I am unfortunately not able to call you. The best way to ensure that I'm notified of your responses is when you post them on this page. If you're having trouble, Customer Service may be able to help you.