Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

Can i sue my hosting company? I own a reseller account with

Customer Question

Can i sue my hosting company?
I own a reseller account with a hosting company based in Texan - Austin. under this account i have more then one clinet - around 30 clients. I pay a monthly fees for $ 50, been their client for more then 5 years.
But all my clients emails has been down from Last friday -
The hosting failed to give me an answer - Aftr i chated with their team - called - Emailed - no one answer us and everytime their reply was we updgrated it to a higher management - Eventually on Tueday after i went crasy on them they email that they will be moving to another server by Thursday - The migration will start at 22:00 EST and it will last around 8 to 12 hours.. then i get this update UPDATE 01:45 EST: Blossom.arvixe.com's migration has been postponed.....
these message are through their website - no email or contact from them
And when i speack with their team they do not tell me whey it has been posponed, never get an answer when it will work again ..
No emails since a week and this hosting team never have an answer ..
Can i sue?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I must wait till they fix the error so me and my clients get our email that is in cue. Then i hae to move to another hosting - That will cost me more then a week of work from 2 people - and all the client will have to pay extra $100/year for every 5 emails they have since i am moving to Godaddy, a better service but more expensive.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not to mention that i lost accounts cuz of this - and many clients will not accept moving with us to the new hosting
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

Yes you seem to have a strong basis for a breach of co tract claim against them. I would send one demand with a short turnaround response time and then file suit. I have a suspicion that this company may dissolve or file for bankruptcy so getting your claim in as soon as possible is imperative to preserving your claims. Yoi should have a rough estimate of your losses as well. Does your contract provide for a termination notification or cure period?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no it's month on month - i can stop my service anytime

I see but there usually is a cure clause or something like that. If not yes you can sue now. I still say give them a quick opportunity to cure before suing.

Thank you for signing up for our service. If you need further assistance, let us know, otherwise, please "accept" the answer. If you are inclined, a positive rating is appreciated.