Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

OK, i ahve prepared my info fee dispute in NJ. Where do i

Customer Question

OK, i ahve prepared my info for the fee dispute in NJ. Where do i file it?
I live in Bergen Country and the court is located in Hackensack. But the letter that i found presumably says that i have to file it in the couty where the attorney that i am disputing the fees from is practicing law.
The attorney was working in NJ and no moved to Philadelphia, but his old law firm is in NJ.
Paris Ackerman & Schmierer LLP - office is in Roseland, NJ 07068. THe case that i tried is in Bergen Country where this attorney represented me. Please advise where exactly i have to file the fee dispute.
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Was the fee paid to the firm? Was it paid for work he did in the name of the firm, while he was a partner or employee?

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Are you online with me?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

If the fee was paid for work he was doing when employed by the firm then the dipute should be filed in the county where the firm is located.

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Are you still with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

If the fee was paid for work he was doing when employed by the firm then the dispute should be filed in the county where the firm is located.

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please respond.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I am but i would rpoefer not to pay the $60. Yes he was employed by the firm and the retainer states the firm letter head and his name just recoreded as one of the attorneys participating in the representaion.

So it would be a county where the Roseland, NJ 07068 is located?

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Yes, where Roseland is located.

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Your dispute is against the firm.

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question. Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

So how it will play out? I will state his name and the name of the firm, and he is no longer wiht them. So they will what - ask him to come from Philly and represent them on the hearing? Or they will send somebody else?

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Format error

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Your dispute is with the firm. He is merely an "agent" of his firm.

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

It will be their burden to produce him.

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I got that it was Essenx County - but i cant find the essex county where to file it - would you happen to know? Is there a court or a room number? The general site does not specify what i should do and where to file

I got this - do you know which one i should use?

District VA (Essex County - Newark) Robert A. Berns, Esq., Sec. District VA Fee Arbitration Committee c/o Essex County Bar Association One Riverfront Plaza, 7th Floor Newark, NJ 07102(###) ###-####Dora Bobbitt, Administrative Assistant

District VB (Essex County - Suburban Essex) David Schechner, Esq., Sec. District VB Fee Arbitration Committee c/o Essex County Bar Association One Riverfront Plaza, 7th Floor Newark, NJ 07102(###) ###-####Dora Bobbitt, Administrative Assistant

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

It will be on the first floor.

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.