Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I am the defendant. I received a Request of Does (1 - 50,

Customer Question

I am the defendant. I received a Request for Dismissal of Does (1 - 50, WITH PREJUDICE) which was recorded on 12/1/2015 - then on 1/11/2016 there is a entry DEFAULT RECEIVED
If the Dismissal has been recorded can they still continue to pursue the judgement?
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

The request for the Dismissal of "DOES" pertains to other defendants who were not specifically named in the original suit. IT does NOT effect specifically named Defendants.

If you were a specifically named Defendant and did not Answer the Complaint, the default judgment can be entered.

You need to file a Motion to set aside the Default Judgment, file an Answer and Demand a Hearing. It is important that you do this ASAP.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.