Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I'm writing up a general denial to a lawsuit in Ca and am

Customer Question

Customer: I'm Dee. I'm writing up a general denial to a lawsuit for debt in Ca and am researching affirmative defenses.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm being sued by Hunt & Henriques on behalf od capital one for around $3000.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I appreciate it, but I think I have waht I need. :)
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that you're being sued.

What questions do you have about affirmative defenses? Can you tell me a little more about your situation? Most of the affirmative defenses only apply to certain factual scenarios, so it would help to have more information to know which defenses might be successful. It would also help to know when you incurred the debt and when you stopped paying.