Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Oops I didn't see this option finding you asap, I

Customer Question

oops I didn't see this option finding you asap , I looked for it . Please look for my follow up question addressed to Attorney2, moments ago.
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 10 months ago.

This is attorney2 what is your question?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I directed an addl question per your answer earlier today. If I am removed from the homestead & my sister is named individually , on the form sent by the county assessor, does my 50% ownership," transportability value " dissapear & or does my date backward ...get all set cleanly moved into her her name vs. my sister only gets half the homestead exemption (she held for 10 years) credited ie & back dated years that were in my 50%? In other words if i cede my 50 % ownership to my sister in this way the assessor chose to assume incorrectly, does the entire 100% ownership go to my sister as if noting occurred? ie she is excepted back to the date of the QCD? This abov e is why I asked the previous JA.comer the other question, wishing to see what occurred before & make decisions.

I am sorry I am not sure that I understand your question. The exemption would be in place for the owner(s) of record that uses the propery as their primary residence. Are you both living in the propery as your primary residence?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
we bath live here, but if i give up my 50% , is it simple? Does my sister get 100% homestead backdated to 10 years ago ie the date of the quit claim deed efiled by our attorney? i fear the county tax assessor will only give my sister her existing 50% homestead credit but move her newly given 50% (my 50% ) at a 2016 tax rate. does this make senses? I fear higher tax rate, a higher assessment added on at 2016 assessments , this since my 50% was removed in 2016?

I have tried to respond several times from my iPhone. I am having issues on my end. Let me opt out until I can get to a computer. Hopefully you will get a response. I hope this response goes through.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
iok ... certainly no rush.... thanks for keeping me posted.