CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

What kind of lawyer do I seek concerning a doctor that

Customer Question

What kind of lawyer do I seek concerning a doctor that rubbed his penis on me during a procedure that I was unable to speak or move for around 17 minutes?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this situation.

This is both a criminal matter, and a civil one.

You can speak with a civil litigation attorney and/or a medical malpractice attorney (a medical malpractice attorney is a specialist that focuses on claims against doctors and health care providers, while this claim does not fall into the traditional claim of falling below the standard of care for a medical procedure causing harm - it is an actual sexual assault (again both criminal and civil), they will definitely be able to assist you, and having this background they will be able to help navigate the claim to help you acheive the most efficient recovery.

(This kind of conduct should be dealt with in both criminal court (law enforcement), civil (a civil suit against the provider), and administratively (the medical board - i.e. removing their license to practice medicine).

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).