Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I need an attorney in CA who specializes in firearms. Need

Customer Question

I need an attorney in CA who specializes in firearms.
Need advise on transportation firearms between locations.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel. I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Can you tell me what is the situation? What information can I provide, please?

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Are you transporting within the state or out of state?

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Once you provide me with the information I have requested, we can continue and I will provide you true and correct information per CA law on this matter.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

For transportation within the state, the firearm should be unload and kept in a separate lock box away from any ammunition. Likewise, Any ammo must be locked in a separate box. They should both be stored in your trunk.

Penal Code 25610.

(a) Section 25400 shall not be construed to prohibit any citizen of the United States over the age of 18 years who resides or is temporarily within this state, and who is not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing, receiving, owning, or purchasing a firearm, from transporting or carrying any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person, provided that the following applies to the firearm:

(1) The firearm is within a motor vehicle and it is locked in the vehicle's trunk or in a locked container in the vehicle.

(2) The firearm is carried by the person directly to or from any motor vehicle for any lawful purpose and, while carrying the firearm,the firearm is contained within a locked container.

(b) The provisions of this section do not prohibit or limit the otherwise lawful carrying or transportation of any pistol, revolver,or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person in accordance with the provisions listed in Section 16580.

That is the law for transporting within the state. Please let me know, if you need other information. Otherwise, thanking you in advance for a positive rating.