CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

YAKOV
, I PAID OFF A STIPULATION AND NEED TO HAVE THE

Customer Question

Customer: YAKOV
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I PAID OFF A STIPULATION AND NEED TO HAVE THE PLAINTIFF FILE THE STIPULATION OF DISCONTINUANCE WITH PREJUDICE, HOWEVER, THE PLAINTIFF WANTS TO SIGN THE PAPERWORK AND GIVE IT TO ME. CAN I FILE THOSE PAPERS OR DOES THE PLAINTIFF HIMSSELF HAVE TO FILE
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: YES WILLING TO WAIT
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: not emergency just want to put it to bed
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 10 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today.

If you are willing to file the document, there is nothing wrong with doing so.
All the plaintiff is asking you to do is the actual physical task of taking the document to the court and depositing them with the court clerk, and getting the file stamped copies for your records, and for the plaintiff.

While this may not be preferable as if there are any problems you cannot correct them (you cannot change or correct the plaintiff's document (I am not talking about making a correction such as a typo in the case number, but rather I am talking about a signature line, or filling out the proper box for the dismissal, or some other substantive issue). Whereas if the plaintiff went to the clerk's office and filed, he could correct them right there.

But, in general, this kind of document is filed without any problems and you can do so without any hassle.

Do make sure to bring copies (you will want at least 2 additional copies (one for you and one for the plaintiff).