Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I signed up with a psychologis- counselor! It was about my

Customer Question

I signed up with a psychologis- counselor! It was about my husband but he was not her client! He saw her 3 times-only- after much begging from me to find peace! At last session in our home counselor told husband to put me in mental instatition for 30 days to get me off pain meds that both my husband & pain management dr want my to take due to horrendous pain in back from stenosis.arthritis & 20 years of giving massages! Has this woman violated the law by speaking about me when I was out of the totem & he Wes's not her client-i was?!?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Unfortunately, if the patient had consented and authorized psychological therapy with her husband, that would also generally mean an implied consent was given by the patient to discuss the situation with the husband about any family issues and once the psychologist starts seeing the husband, the husband becomes a patient as well, so unfortunately there is nothing illegal when it comes to the psychologist making recommendation to the husband about wife's treatment under similar situation.

However, if you do have some type of an issue with what the psychologist recommended the husband, it is possible to speak to the psychologist about any such concerns and hopefully they can be addressed and resolved by this counselor.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.