LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

What type of lawyer do you need to speak with about a Dr.

Customer Question

What type of lawyer do you need to speak with about a Dr. lying about his patient, and saying things I didn't say? The Dr. also had something to do with my dad's death.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 months ago.

Was the doctor caring for your father?

Hi, are you still with me?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sorry my dad was under the Dr. care.

Thank you for the additional information. You would want to speak with an attorney who handles medical malpractice claims and/or wrongful death claims. They can look over the medical records and speak with you about what happened and can determine if there is a legal basis to go after the doctor. The attorney can also look into the interaction between you and the doctor and what was said and claimed, to see if it is relevant and something that could give you grounds to go after him as well.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have tried to speak with them but since I am in NM and this happened in Ks it's like they don't want to help me. I don't know what to do, I know I only have two years, he died July 12, 2014.

You said that you contacted attorneys in Kansas, where this happened and nobody will speak with you? Or you speak with them and they do not want to take the case?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have spoke with the intake person then they would say they would give it to the lawyer, then I would get a letter or email saying they are not interested. I am not even able to tell them everything, cause I do forget about some stuff.

Thank you for the additional information. It is at the discretion of the attorney, to take the case. The reason for this is because they are typically taken on a contingency basis and the attorney needs to invest their time and money. As such, if they are not interested, it likely is a result of them believing there is no enough evidence to prevail or the value is not worth it. Now, just because one attorney does not want to take the case, does not mean you should not contact other attorneys in Kansas. As such, continue to call and contact them and if it makes it easier, put together a summary of everything, which you can email/send to them, so nothing is left out.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.