Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I'm about to divorce my spouse. How does the process work

Customer Question

I'm about to divorce my spouse. How does the process work regarding her entitlement, if she's not going to retire in 10 years and our retirement packages are simular will she receive half of my retirement if she's still working. I live in California
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 30 years.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. By entitlement, do you mean her right to community property, or to a specific part of community property?

2. How close in value are each of your retirement packages?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Until you respond to my request for information I won;t be able to answer your questions.

Doug