Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
45002201

They failed to bring my son to court again today and I would

Customer Question

Hi Chris, they failed to bring my son to court again today and I would like to know how to proceed with filing a due process claim in federal court. Are there any examples online that you know of so that I can begin the process?
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 10 months ago.

Wow.

Did your son's attorney request that the judge hold the sheriff's department in contempt?

What did the judge say or do when they didn't bring him?

Here is the best I could find regarding a sample form with some direcions on how to file a federal civil rights claim. Of course, it references a different district, so you will have to modify it to fit your district and facts. But, it should give you a place to start.

http://nationalparalegal.edu/documentMovies/conLawCrimProc/ComplaintSec1983/Main.asp

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, his lawyer did not do anything she just accepted another court date for January 22, 2016 and I am sure he will not be brought in on that date either.

You should get your son to talk to her, write her a letter, whatever it takes, and tell her to ask the judge to hold the sheriff in contempt the next time it happens. Meanwhile, you can start the federal proceedings. What you are experiencing is absurd.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If you only knew how bad it really is! Are you familiar with any good attorneys who are licensed in Tennessee?

Unfortunately, no. I can, however, point you to www.martindale.com. There, you can search for an attorney by location and practice type. They also rate lawyers, so you can be sure you are getting a quality attorney.