Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

I may have done this completely backwards. I started making

Customer Question

I may have done this completely ass backwards. I started making wreaths and people liked them and so I started selling them. I started a website and filed paperwork to make this a side business but it hasn't been granted yet.
Because it isnt a bsuiness yet do I just claim the additional income on my own tax stuff. then do all the deduction for like supplies and crap the next year?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

(do)I just claim the additional income on my own tax stuff. then do all the deduction for like supplies and crap the next year?

In a word, "yes". There is no need to do anything more than keep records of your expenses for tax deduction purposes. If the business takes off to the point where you need to hire people and rent space for it, then you should consider Setting up an LLC.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i pay sales tax to the state in relation to the wreath sales? Like how do I report it?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

You Would set up an account with your State's retail sales tax division. It would be in your name doing business as, i. e. D/B/A (make something up). Anyone can be a business in their own name.