How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The biological grandmother to my daughter has filed criminal

Customer Question

Customer: Hi. The biological grandmother to my daughter has filed criminal charges against me for telephone harassment. It is true that I sent her some mean text messages but she never asked me to stop contacting her. She works at Otterbein and had a detective their at Otterbein file the charges. On December 17th, she contacted my Employer, Mount Carmel College of Nursing, and told an associate in human resources that I had sent her mean text messages. Kim, in associate relations, indicated that ***** ***** (the grandmother) had called and left multiple messages. The human resources went and talked to my direct boss, the dean of the college and shared it with her. 2 questions: Can I file a defamation of character suit? And what is the best defense against the charges of failure to cease and desist. Those charges aren't true as she didn't ask me to stop calling her. Can I file for a dismissal of the case?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Oh, my name is Heather. ***** ***** is the biological grandmother. Basically her son, my daughters biological father has never spent much time with my daughter nor has her biological grandmother. My family and I have always had full custody of my daughter.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Is a real person reading this? My name is not ***** ***** My name is Heather
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Can you tell me, what state are you in?