Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I inherited my mother's house but I am having trouble

Customer Question

I inherited my mother's house but I am having trouble getting title in my name because it was made up in a trust and there is no title company that does title research for a clear title in this area. Do you know who could do that? Where?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Getting title transferred from a deceased parent into yours, ,may not be an easy task. When you say "it was made up in trust", that opens a number of questions concerning who created the trust, how it was created, when it was created, what the trust says about the use of the property and about a dozen other questions. Your question would be best handled by a personal telephone conference, which I can offer you. Otherwise, this Q and A format will have to go on for a long time. If there are no title companies in your county, then local attorneys will do title searches themselves. That is a you need to inquire of in order to ascertain what you will have to do.