Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

This guys two german sheppards attact my 13 lbs dog on my

Customer Question

this guys two german sheppards attact my 13 lbs dog on my front porch .He paid for one vet visit and stiffed me on the second one .i havent taken my dog back to the vet vcause hes fine now .Can i sue for pain and suffering that this ordeal put me through in small claims court and win?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My dog needs to be seen again i dont have the money . I have been tramatized hard by this ordeal . Every time i go out to take my dog to poty i am armed and looking around have broke down and criied thinking about if the worst happend and i geyt flash backs and argue with my mom about it alot this dog had my dog by the neck the only thing that saved my doog was me pulling him from nthe jaws of this dog
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
these dogs that attacked my dog on my front porch belong to the neibor on the corner and they escaped from his yard he said when he was taking out the garbage they wetre not on leaches either and he could not even handle his dogs as they wetre attacking my dog
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 11 months ago.

As a general rule, if the other dog owner's dogs were unleashed and came onto your property and attacked your dogs, you could sue and recover the cost of medical treatment for your pet from him.

California is in a minority of states that will allow a pet owner to sue for pain and suffering for the intentional infliction of injury to his pet. You can read more about that here.