Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My home is paid for. My land is not. The house is in my nAme

Customer Question

My home is paid for. My land is not. The house is in my nAme as is the land. I want to be sure that if anything happens to me before my fiancée and I marry that she can stay here as long as she wants and no one can make her leave until she's ready with the exception of my son. He has the final say in everything. No other man can live with her while she's here. How do I need to get that done and can it be done?
Expert:  Roger replied 10 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a lawyer in Mississippi. I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 10 months ago.

The only way you could do this without making her an owner of the property would be to make a will and state in the will that at your death, you wish for a trust to be established and for the house to be placed in the trust for the benefit of your fiancé as long as she lives there and is single; and when/if she enters into a relationship, the trust dissolves and the property shall be transferred to your son.

Expert:  Roger replied 10 months ago.

Otherwise, you're going to be looking at transferring title or an ownership interest to her......which would not be good in the sense that once something happens to you, she still has the ownership and can do as she pleases with the property. So, the trust is the only way you could control things past your time on Earth.

Expert:  Roger replied 10 months ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!