Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Wanting to see if someone is trying to scam me. I would like

Customer Question

Customer: Wanting to see if someone is trying to scam me. I would like to find out before I send money but not to late so that if it is not a scam that I hurt their feelings. The name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well I have a friend that is wanting to spend some time with me and talk about a future, but it is hard to do so when we do not even see each other, ever. So she has gotten a visa and is wanting me to pay for her tickets. Which are expensive.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How long would I be waiting?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Her name that she has given me is Taufic Yussif, and she is from Ghana. Not sure if you need more info than that or not. So her passport is added.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She claims to live with family but has very big bills, which she says they cannot help her with. What can you tell me about her? Is she a scam or seems like a scam?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind I have found out all I need to know. Thanks for trying guys.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a licensed attorney and a former law enforcement agent and I will be happy to answer your question.

Did you meet this person online?

Is this person asking you to send her money via MoneyGram or Western Union? What is she claiming the money is for?

Did you already send any money to this persona?

What is your age?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like I said, I found what I needed to know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what would my age and if I had already sent money have to do with if she is a scam. That is actually useless information to your search.

Do you still need help or not? Please advise.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not. But thank you.

I wish you the best of luck!