Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My boyfriend went through divorce almost two years ago. The

Customer Question

My boyfriend went through divorce almost two years ago. The ex was awarded maintenance one the amount of $600 monthly for 5 years. This was awarded strictly to pay her car payment. She has kept it two months behind to avoid repossession and is keeping the money to spend on other things. This is affecting his credit badly as both his and her name is ***** ***** loan. They do not have children nor do they share property. Can anything be done to terminate the maintenance?
Expert:  Roger replied 10 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If the support order was specific to make the car payment, and this is spelled out in the court documents, and she's not paying as she's supposed to, which in turn is harming his credit, then he can file a motion to modify or terminate the support order and ask the judge to terminate the support OR require his ex to refinance the car in her name alone in order to stop this from harming his credit.