Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Filing out a small claim document
, My landlord (a

Customer Question

Customer: filing out a small claim document
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My landlord (a large company) advertised and rented me a home with a pool, and failed to provide a working pool. The reduced my rent for the 3 summer months but is charging me the full rent otherwise I want to sue them for the difference from the beginning of the lease until they provide me with a working pool.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Im at work. will have to do this from home. thank you.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Sam replied 11 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel. Thank you for requesting I provide you information in this regard.
When you can, please tell me what information you need to file your suit in small claims?
What state?
And how much are you seeking?

Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I need to verify exactly what forms need to be included when i submit to the court. I have Statement of claim and Sheriff entry of service. Also do i need to submit my follow up log, emails and letters. Ive made 35 attempts to resolve the issue. Suing for $3181. $200 monthly rental reduction retro active, Pool maintainence, Increased electric bill, and $15/hr x 22hrs for my time writing, calling and meeting contractors. Gwinnett county georgia
Expert:  Sam replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Thank you.

You have to provide facts on which your claim is based. You do not need to provide details of the evidence that you will present at the trial, but you have to provide enough information so that defendants reading it will be able to know what the case against them is about. If you have documents that support your case, e.g. a copy of a bill or a receipt, then you should attach copies of those documents to the Statement of Claim.

Expert:  Sam replied 11 months ago.

Make sure the attachments are copies. Keep the originals for your trial. But also bring at least 2 copies and the originals with you so you can hand them to the Respondent and the Judge if need be.