Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

What's the best way to get someone to do something they have

Customer Question

what's the best way to get someone to do something they have an obligation to do, but have not done? I hired a lawyer on contingency 2 months ago. I have met with him several times and have given him all of the information he requested. In fact, he sent a "sample" complaint and required me to draft my own complaint which I have done. He keeps putting my matter to the bottom of his priorities, however, and has not filed the complaint even thoiugh all he needs to do is proofread the complaint and add one paragraph. I have sent gentle periodic queries asking if I can do anything to help move this forward . The last meeting was 3 weeks ago, a week before he was leaving for a two week vacation in which he promised to get it done before he left.He did not. It is now one week after his retrn from vacation and I reached out two days go. he said he would get it out yesterday and did not. This is a speciality matter that most attorneys do not take on contingency and he has a good reputation so firing him is not a good option. please advise
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Miel-cssm replied 10 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/etiquette/9hiti-what-s-best-someone-something.html. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I see that you have requested a phone call. Do you want to proceed via chat through the forum or by phone call? Either way is good with me. Just let me know. Thanks.