Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was in a bankruptcy case in Dayton, Ohio. We were required

Customer Question

I was in a bankruptcy case in Dayton, Ohio. We were required to attend a meeting with the trustee , over property exemption. We were having family difficulties over an estate,
although the mother is still living 94 yrs. old, with DEMENTIA. The question on exemption, was raised by my brother in law. Before the hearing, I informed my attorney of both my wife, and myself having a disability. I have a severe hearing impairment, and the wife a tumor on brain, causing dizziness, memory loss, trouble understanding, and dryness of her mouth, making it hard to talk. This was given no reasonable accommodation whatever.
When I said I can't hear, the trustee yelled " CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW! ". Yes I
could hear him but, was still having difficulty understanding WORDS! This is a Federal
Court, and I don't know if you have any authority over this? The attorney is private.
I feel if I had been able to hear, as well as my wife having her problems, the outcome will be different.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

What is your specific question?

What is the outcome of the hearing?