Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I shot a wedding and some pictures were bad, some were good.

Customer Question

I shot a wedding and some pictures were bad, some were good. There was no contract, but I did receive $250 cash for the job. The family of the bride went ballistic and give the pictures to a third party family member demanding all of the originals and they would have to buy editing software to fix them. I had already gave them 3 CD picture discs and 1 slideshow DVD, plus7 printed 8X12s The mother who wrote the check viewed them on a laptop and wrote the check. What is my responsibility? Can I be sued?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Sorry...I am not sure I understand...if there was no contract, how would you be liable in a lawsuit?