Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I took my wife to emergency at 400am with terrible back

Customer Question

i took my wife to emergency at 400am with terrible back pain.they did cat scan and said that he spinal cord coollasped,with degenerative spine and osteoporosis and L 2 vertabrae fracture instead of treating my wifes fracture they they just admitted her to hospital for 3 nights and only gave pain meds thats patient neglet.they then sent her to a rehabilitation facility for 19 days i then took her home for 5 days and had to bring her back to emergency horrible back pain.they admiitted her to hospital for 6 nights and did a kyphoplasty procedure putting liquid cement injection inside her L 2 vertabrae.but it didnt work pain in low back still horrible.they then sent her straight back to rehabilitation place with a spine docter doing anything for her degenerative spinal cord.thats patient neglect.my poor wife is slowly dying,since nov 3 she when this started.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.

I am so sorry to hear about your wife's condition. It is hard to say whether you have a malpractice claim here. The issue is she already had a bery bad back condition so it os very difficult to prove that there was deviation from the standard of care that made the condition worse. I would still suggest setting up an appointment with an experienced medical malpractice attorney. Be sure to have any medical records with you. They often have experts who can review the records and determine if any malpractice occurred.