Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I have a warrant that was issued in 1979 shoplifting charge

Customer Question

I have a warrant that was issued in 1979 for a shoplifting charge petty larceny im now almost 60 a grandma long since left that life but its still there I live in upper ny but the warrant is in Yonkers court im on a fixed income Yonkers already told me we are not coming to get you im five hours away and I don't have the money to retain a lawyer
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

The warrant from 1979 is no longer valid. There is a "Statute of Limitations" on minor crimes. The Statute of Limitations on petty theft is two or five years depending on the amount. So it has long since past. You can forget about this and never worry about it again.

N.Y. Crim. Proc. § 30.10(2)(b) or (c)

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.