Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Is a power of attorney written in California valid in all

Customer Question

Is a power of attorney written in California valid in all states?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Generally, yes. In theory there could be a specific right or power in a Power of Attorney which is legal in CA but illegal in another state and that specific right or power would not then be effective but it wouldn't make the whole POA void. I can't think of an example of this since power of attorneys are usually general in nature but in theory it could happen.