Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was arrested by local police old warrant. While in

Customer Question

I was arrested by local police for an old warrant. While in custody, I had an anxiety attack and fainted. They took me to the hospital. While there, the hospital staff decided they were going to do a vaginally ultrasound since I was still in stitches from an emergency surgery 3 days before. The male office was in the room the entire time. I was put I to an open back gown and had the vaginally ultrasound procedure.....is it OK that he was there watching? Short a dealer officer had been called? I know a female officer was available because she showed up later to let him *take a break*. Couldn't he just have handcuffed me to the bed?
I still can't get this disgrace out of my head and feel violated. I have been seeing a psychiatrist and felt like ashamed. I am married and feel like I cheated on my husband.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma.

I want to make sure I understand...are you asking if there is a law that requires a female police officer be present for this procedure?