CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

Is there anything I can do about them since they managed to

Customer Question

Hi is there anything I can do about them since they managed to convince me that they were a valid collection agency and got money out of me around 300 but because of that I had to take out two loans one for 600 then the second for 1250to pay off the first loan and help pay the rest of the alleged bill but they started calling me using dummy numbers at least 6 times I've just canceled my debit card to prevent any more charges and because of how aggressive they were my stress caused me to pass a kidney stone (yes the main time I pass them is due to extreme stress) but I wondered what I can do if anything
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this situation.

You can both sue them for damages (the money you had to take out due to their fraudulent actions - remember, fraud is an "intentional tort" so you can get punitive (or exemplary) damages in addition to compensatory damages - extra money from the court to punish their bad acts.

AND

You can report them to the Attorney General: https://ago.mo.gov/divisions/consumer/consumer-complaints, they investigate fraudulent businesses such as this and take regulatory and law enforcement actions against them.