LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

In the state of can a spouse have the other spouse's name

Customer Question

In the state of Virginia can a spouse have the other spouse's name removed from ownership of the home legally without the other spouse's consent?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Under certain circumstances yes, it is possible with a court order. But there must be a legal basis to take the ownership of the property from the spouse and vest it entirely in the other spouse.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug