Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My son a freshman got into an argument with another student

Customer Question

my son a freshman got into an argument with another student and threatened him. he went back and apologized after. since then that student left campus, one of his friends reported the incident to the school and my son was ask to leave the campus until a hearing. no one from the school informed me and my son was homeless 4hours away from home from 10/21 to 11/20. his hearing date was not until 12/9. the hearing was unfavorable and he is suspended from grounds. i found out what was going on by snooping through his email. i went and picked him up 11/18 when i found out. i contact the school and they told me they had no obligation to inform me. it is my son's responsibility. I also asked why the hearing was 2 mos long. they said its there process. i ask to have my housing prorated because i felt that i was paying for my son to be somewhere safe and eat meals three times a day and he did not get that. can i pursue trying to get the housing prorated and that they put my son in harms way by putting him off campus without contacting his emergency contact, me.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 months ago.

How old is your son? Also, when this happened, where did your son go and why did he not contact you?