Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
Experience:  dasdasd
23431962

My co-driver and I added a hazmat endorsement to our

Customer Question

My co-driver and I added a hazmat endorsement to our driver's license 2 years ago. We were finger printed and photographed at that time. The TSA website say's the fingerprinting and background check is valid for 5years, but I'm not sure about the photograph's I thought I remembered them saying it was only valid for 2 years.
Are these photo's valid for 2 years or 5?
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Thank you for using Just Answer. My apologies for the delay in a response. Nobody was available at the time of your posting.

ANSWER: The TSA HME clearance is valid for a full 5 years. So the photos AND fingerprinting/background check are good for 5 years.

Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.