LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I want to know if I can stop a garnishment of wages if I am

Customer Question

I want to know if I can stop a garnishment of wages if I am a the main provider and have a elder mother I take of care of living with me full time.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Yes, it MAY be possible if you are head of family AND you provide more then one have of the support for your mother and she is a dependent. I have provided a link below, which you should click on and review, since it has the forms you may need to file along with the statute which may afford you protection.

http://www.legalservicesmiami.org/downloads/StoppingAFloridaGarnishment.pdf

http://www.floridalegaladvice.com/blog/stop-wage-garnishment-florida/

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.