CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

As a paralegal I am asking this question in behalf of a

Customer Question

As a paralegal I am asking this question in behalf of a person who has an elderly mother (90+ years) on life support for past two or more years in a foreign country (outside the US) and has not seen the family for 45+ years. The oldest brother who lives in Europe was the designated Power of Attorney and Executor of the Estate. The elderly woman on life support has outlived her spouse and all her siblings. The oldest brother (who lives in Europe) of the person who is residing in USA is now trying to sue all the family members in the US for elder support. They were not involved in any decisions relating to this elderly woman (their mother) and the brother in Europe had access to all the funds, etc. of the mother. Will this be a legitimate case for the brother to sue relatives who are distant, have had no involvement and do not know what was done with the estate funds?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Elder support is not a recognized cause of action.

Best regards,

Bill