CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I went to a manufactered home dealer to get a price to have

Customer Question

i went to a manufactered home dealer to get a price to have two homes built filled out a mortgage application was told to give 1,000 for each application salesman wrote up paper work with prices on it mortgage came back with payment to expensive now wont refund my 2,000 when asked to get my money back salesman called and send owner of company said we singed a sales contract will not refund money salesman never said it was a sales contract called many times to talk to owner left messags for no call back
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

Start by getting a copy of the contract that you did sign. See what the contract says.

If the contract is in fact a non-refundable deposit, you are not going to be able to force the dealer to return the money (although you can try getting them to do so in order to improve their customer image, etc. - you can even try a BBB complaint).

But if the contract does not have a "non-refundable" clause in it - the vendor cannot try to interpret it as one later, or insert one after the fact, and you are entitled to a full return of your deposit.